April 14, 2015

Nails Like Lace Instagram Rainbow Collab

Through all of these wonderful groups of ladies that I've "met" through my rekindled love of all things nail polish, I've gotten into some pretty awesome collaborations, features, and just overall great experiences.

Back on topic! Recently, I was able to participate in the #returnoftherainbowcollab that was put on by Amber at Nails Like Lace on Instagram! When I first signed up to be a part of it, I had no idea what I was going to do. Ok, let me rephrase that. I had so many ideas, but I couldn't narrow it down. Rainbow gradient? Man, a lot of people do those... Dotticure? I've seen a lot of those, too, but love how they look. I wonder how neons will look over nude...I'm going to try that! Ooh, what about a fan brush! YES! THAT'S what I'm going to do! Now you've experienced just a minuscule part of what goes on in my head when I'm trying to figure out just what I'm going to do with my nails.

I pulled all of the polish that I would need for both of these ideas, loaded them into my basket, grabbed a tv tray and parked my butt on the couch in the living room. One of these days, when my husband isn't around to side-eye me, I will take pictures of everything as I go. Anyways, you get the idea...lots of polish in my basket, lots of tools, too many ideas still swirling in my head. I went for the dotticure first. I used NYC Fashion Safari as the base color, and L.A. Colors Absolute, Spat!, Flicker, Scream, Aquatic and Electra for the dots. I do like it, but it didn't turn out quite how I pictured!


Off it came, and I moved on to my fan brush idea. For this one, I used a whole bunch of other colors that, unfortunately, I did not take note of. Sinful Colors Snow Me White is the base...I do remember that much. :-P


And here's the full collaboration! Talk about adding a little color to the world. How can you not smile seeing all these beautiful rainbows!?


Have you been a part of a large collaboration? Did you enjoy it?

See you soon, stay polished!
~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment